Tag Archives: error

Amazon S3 PHP SDK v2 – getCommand() must be of the type array, string given – Solution!

Catchable fatal error: Argument 2 passed to Guzzle\Service\Client::getCommand() must be of the type array, string given, called in ../_s3lib2/Guzzle/Service/Client.php on line 76 and defined in ../_s3lib2/Guzzle/Service/Client.php on line 79

If you’re getting this error when working with the version 2 PHP SDK for Amazon Web Services’ S3 service, fear not. It’s probably as simple as you passing the wrong parameters into the function. In this example I was calling listObjects() using the old SDK’s parameters rather than the new SDK’s. Simply fix!

Wrong (eg. old SDK v1 way):

$response = self::$_client->listObjects( $settings['bucket'] );

Right (eg. new SDK v2 way):

$response = self::$_client->listObjects( array( 'Bucket' => $settings['bucket'], 'Prefix' => $prefix ) );

All fixed!

Error: ER_NO_DB_ERROR: No database selected

For me this was caused by using the adapter type of ‘sails-mysql’ as the value when setting up the adapter instead of my custom name I made for it matching the definition later in the adapters.js file.

Logic error in mySQL ORM.
{ [Error: ER_NO_DB_ERROR: No database selected] code: ‘ER_NO_DB_ERROR’, index: 0 }
error: Hook failed to load: orm (Error: ER_NO_DB_ERROR: No database selected)

“Uncaught exception Fuel\Core\Database_Exception: No MySQLi Connection”


Upon trying to run some migrations in FuelPHP via command line with Oil I ran into this error message containing the error

Uncaught exception Fuel\Core\Database_Exception: No MySQLi Connection

I discovered that when running from the command line my normal php.ini was not being run. PHP was using the defaults, including the default mysql socket which was in the wrong place.


In my case I created a symlink to redirect which seems to have done the trick. I am running Mamp on OS X in default locations so your directories may differ.

cd /var/mysql

sudo ln -s /Applications/MAMP/tmp/mysql/mysql.sock mysql.sock

There may be a better fix and this may be a symptom of something else being ‘off’.  I initially created a /etc/php.ini with the proper socket location directive but this did not work out properly, possibly due to permissions or something.